Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Blue Thursday!

The Dream Weaver Stencil challenge for today is blue and/or purple. I went with blue! It's been so sunny for weeks on end here that it seemed appropriate. And what did I wake up to this morning? Snow! It's been snowing all morning, which I love. The snow always makes it easier to get the Christmas cards done.

Back to my sample: I used the Dream Weaver Blue and Black Glossy Pastes, dragonfly stencil LJ56 and flourish stencil LJ896. The dragonfly is stenciled with the black paste on an acetate tag (Hero Arts) and the flourish is on white card stock. While the paste was wet I sprinkled a random selection of the MetalFX powder on the dragonfly to create the speckled look.

Assembling: Trim the white card stock with the flourish to fit the clear tag. Punch a hole in the card stock.  Using various ribbons, mostly from May Arts I attached the two layers together. I added adhesive rhinestones to the acetate tag. That's it!

Have fun.

Lee

7 comments:

  1. Nice. That stencil works beautifully with the blue paste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, we must have been channeling our creativity. I love that flourish! Thank you for doing a tag I have got to make a note to try tags. I keep forgetting to use them! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that flourish as well!! Great choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful! Hope you get a breather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dragonfly came out great and the flourish has always been one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty, I love that flourish!

    ReplyDelete